Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding Chase and CLIs on more than 1 Card

tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Question Regarding Chase and CLIs on more than 1 Card

@KennyS2006 wrote:
Yeah, I've just kept it for AAoA's sake. I think I'll just space them out over 6 months or so.

On a side note, I know the Amex 3x cli has been beat to death, but I never requested it on day 61 probably day 610 lol! Can you request a CLI with amex every 61 days or is that just at the beginning?

I'm confused. Why space out your CLI requests for your Chase cards? This means multiple hard pulls. As mentioned before, just request a CLI on 1 card, then reallocate. Doing this means only 1 hard pull.

Message 11 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Got it. TY for ur help.
Message 12 of 18
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
Got it. TY for ur help.

You're welcome. Just trying to save you from unnecessary HP's. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@kevinjjc wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:
Yeah, I've just kept it for AAoA's sake. I think I'll just space them out over 6 months or so.

On a side note, I know the Amex 3x cli has been beat to death, but I never requested it on day 61 probably day 610 lol! Can you request a CLI with amex every 61 days or is that just at the beginning?

The general consensus for requesting a 3x CLI for AMEX revolvers is 61 days for new accounts and then 90 days thereafter.

It's actually 61 days for new accounts and then every 6 months from the last CLI approved. You only have to wait 90 days if your CLI request was denied.

Thanks for the clarification kevinjjc.  I misread in the event OP would be denied at the 61 day mark. 

Message 14 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

The general consensus for requesting a 3x CLI for AMEX revolvers is 61 days for new accounts and then 90 days thereafter.

It's actually 61 days for new accounts and then every 6 months from the last CLI approved. You only have to wait 90 days if your CLI request was denied.

Thanks for the clarification kevinjjc.  I misread in the event OP would be denied at the 61 day mark. 

Haven't been denied a CLI to date. Been really fortunate with that. It's just I haven't done a CLI with Chase yet. With these number of inquiries, would you guys go ahead and do a HP with Chase?

Message 15 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Does anyone know the answer to this question:

Currently have 3 Chase Cards -- all super small limits comparatively. 2 are $500 (one was a Wamu Rewards) and one is Freedom. Both were opened in 2008.  Would it be bad to close one and move the CL to the other? I just want to confirm this is possible that people have done it before. Do I need to convince the person to do it or is this common practice when someone asks?

Message 16 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@KennyS2006 wrote:

Currently have 3 Chase Cards -- all super small limits comparatively. 2 are $500 (one was a Wamu Rewards) and one is Freedom. Both were opened in 2008.  Would it be bad to close one and move the CL to the other? I just want to confirm this is possible that people have done it before. Do I need to convince the person to do it or is this common practice when someone asks?

I previously posted that you can do this.

Both accounts need to be in good standing to consolidate and the card that will be closed needs to have a 0 balance before you can shift the CL and then eventually close.  The Freedom would be the better suited CC to keep as the Flexible Rewards has very limited or not-as-desirable reward options when compared to Freedom.

Message 17 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@KennyS2006 wrote:

I previously posted that you can do this.

Both accounts need to be in good standing to consolidate and the card that will be closed needs to have a 0 balance before you can shift the CL and then eventually close.  The Freedom would be the better suited CC to keep as the Flexible Rewards has very limited or not-as-desirable reward options when compared to Freedom.

Right.... right now they are both Freedoms.. I knew you said it, but I wanted to make sure that there's no harm in closing it.. right now it seems there's no harm for keeping it either. Thanks for always responding. Smiley Happy I try to be very cautious when it comes to making decisions so forgive me if I'm coming across as someone that is being annoying.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.