Question Regarding Credit Limits

Right now this is my wallet:

Wells Fargo $4,600 CL
Barclays Apple $2,000 CL
Capital One $1,000 CL
Chase Amazon Visa $700
Cabelas Visa $700
WalMart $500 (Store Card)

I love my Wells Fargo because of the points. I just use it for my everyday purchases and PIF bi-weekly. It has the highest limit. What is the best way to get a couple more cards with $1,000 plus on them? Any specific one way.
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Question Regarding Credit Limits

I don´t know about your report/scores but having an amex that could get you a CLI x3 in 60 days and then another one 6 months after is nice.

A GE card VISA/Discover that could go up with SP is good also.

Earning more money is a big plus lol

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

MumsMums, mind posting when you got those cards?  Also, when if you last got cli on them.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Use the one card exclusively, put everything on it, come close to maxing it out, and pay it in full...every month.

Rinse and repeat.

Message 4 of 5
mum4519
Contributor

The cards are fairly all new. I am not looking for CLI's or anything at this time, but was just wondering the best process to initiate an increase over the next year.

My Wells Fargo Rewards is my primary card for the sole purpose I can put my monthly expenses on it and still keep a fairly low utilization by the time the bill comes (~17% utilization). 

My Chase Amazon and my Cabelas VISA are two cards I would enjoy using for the points, but they are both $700 CL's, which I would have to continue going online and making payments after most purchases to keep my utilization low.

That's the situation I am looking at. Not looking for anything ASAP, but just trying to pick some brains as to what you guys' think my best option is.

Thanks again!

- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.