Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AMEX CLI

tag
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Question about AMEX CLI

I have a question & I think I know the answer but I wanted to be sure before I tried it.

So, my 60 days initial period for a 3X cli w/ AMEX was up on Dec 31st & I was denied.  I was dissapointed but not too terribly upset, I figured I'd just try again in 90 days.  The 90 days is up this coming week and I'm going to try again.  Here's the thing....  since Dec. I was notified by Anthem that my personal info might have been stolen so I've frozen all three of my credit reports to be on the safe side.

I know I need to "un-freeze" them if I wanted to apply for new credit but do I need to do this with a CLI request w/ AMEX?  I'm guessing no, but I wanted to be certain before hitting the button on Weds & got a 7-10 day or denial message because of it.

Thanks for any help!

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about AMEX CLI

@joeyoey wrote:

I have a question & I think I know the answer but I wanted to be sure before I tried it.

So, my 60 days initial period for a 3X cli w/ AMEX was up on Dec 31st & I was denied.  I was dissapointed but not too terribly upset, I figured I'd just try again in 90 days.  The 90 days is up this coming week and I'm going to try again.  Here's the thing....  since Dec. I was notified by Anthem that my personal info might have been stolen so I've frozen all three of my credit reports to be on the safe side.

I know I need to "un-freeze" them if I wanted to apply for new credit but do I need to do this with a CLI request w/ AMEX?  I'm guessing no, but I wanted to be certain before hitting the button on Weds & got a 7-10 day or denial message because of it.

Thanks for any help!

Nope, you don't need to un-freeze. Since you're already a card member, Amex has access for their soft pulls.

Message 2 of 3
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about AMEX CLI

That's what I was thinking...thanks for confirming it!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.