Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AUs and HPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about AUs and HPs

Added my significant other to my PenFed account as an AU on my Promise card and lo and behold they did a HP on her.  All the other accounts that I've added to her no HP was done.  Anyone else have experiences where your AU was HPed?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about AUs and HPs

I know when my DW tries to add me to her AMEX, they deny me every time due to my BK

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Added my significant other to my PenFed account as an AU on my Promise card and lo and behold they did a HP on her.  All the other accounts that I've added to her no HP was done.  Anyone else have experiences where your AU was HPed?

@Anonymous,

Thats interesting that they did a HP on why.  Have you called to ask why?

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:
I know when my DW tries to add me to her AMEX, they deny me every time due to my BK

That could be from SP.  They aren't doing a HP on you are they?

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Not yet, figure I'll call them tomorrow 

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Ok.. Why would they do that when technically the AU is not applying for anything.  I look forward to hearing their reasoning for doing so...

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Ok.. Why would they do that when technically the AU is not applying for anything.  I look forward to hearing their reasoning for doing so...

Yeah I think it's very strange.  I know they are a conservative bank and all but they're should have been some kind of notice about it first

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Yeah I think it's very strange.  I know they are a conservative bank and all but they're should have been some kind of notice about it first

Agreed.  HP for an authorized User is a bit much.

Message 8 of 22
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe it's a CU thing?  I've added my SO to two cards one Citi the other Chase. Neither requested my SO's SS# . Strange

Message 9 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

That's odd. I've never heard of that before. Maybe it was an error.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.