Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Amazon Visa

tag
gpfirestone
New Contributor

Question about Amazon Visa

Random question but I'm hoping someone here can educate me real quick.  I noticed Amazon has 3 different color credit cards on their site.  My friend has the blue one and I have the green one.  They both serve the same purpose of getting 3% cash back and we really don't spend much on them, maybe a few hundred a month so I'm curious what the difference is.  There is also a black one too.  On their site where you can apply they look the same with just different colors.  Are they just random colors that get sent out or is there some purpose to the 3 colors?

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Amazon Visa

Gift card, store version, Visa version?

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@gpfirestone wrote:

Random question but I'm hoping someone here can educate me real quick.  I noticed Amazon has 3 different color credit cards on their site.  My friend has the blue one and I have the green one.  They both serve the same purpose of getting 3% cash back and we really don't spend much on them, maybe a few hundred a month so I'm curious what the difference is.  There is also a black one too.  On their site where you can apply they look the same with just different colors.  Are they just random colors that get sent out or is there some purpose to the 3 colors?

Amazon can get a little confusing when talking about the credit products they offer!:

1.  Amazon Store Credit Card for Personal by GE (Only able to use on Amazon.com)

2.  Amazon Visa Credit Card issued by Chase (Use on Amazon and anywhere Visa is accepted (Also a personal card)

3.  Amazon Credit Line for Business - Either Pay In Full or a Revolving Line (May or may not need to be Personally Gauranteed by someone for approval depending on business size, and business credit)

Other - Not sure if they offer a Business Visa version through Chase but I don't believe so.

Message 3 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I quote Meat Loaf...."...two outta three ain't bad."Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
andre181
Established Contributor

I have the green one also. 

When I applied it asked me which color I wanted and I chose green. I think they are just different designs that you can pick from. There is no difference between that cards other than color as far as I'm aware. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 5 of 7
gpfirestone
New Contributor

Not to be rude, but why all the confusion?  I said Amazon Visa....

Thanks to the last reply though.  So I guess they just put their card out in a variety of colors and there is no method to the madness.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 6 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@gpfirestone wrote:

Not to be rude, but why all the confusion?  I said Amazon Visa....

Thanks to the last reply though.  So I guess they just put their card out in a variety of colors and there is no method to the madness.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.