Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Amex Autopay

tag
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Question about Amex Autopay

Hi everyone,

Please excuse me in advance for not knowing the answer to this question, or if it sounds too "amature," lol.

I just got my green Amex last week, and made some purchases on it, and today I went into my online account to set up auto-pay, so it can automatically pay my balance in full each month. 

But for the dates to make the payment it lists "15 days after statement cuts, 16 days, 17 days," and so on and so forth.

I chose 15 days because it was the lowest one on the list-- is that OK? I want it to be paid as soon as the statement cuts, or as quickly as possible right after.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Amex Autopay

My wife has it set up on her gold card and wondered the same thing. She asked Amex about it and they said the 15 days should be no problem. My wife plans to check on it to make sure when her statement comes out just to be safe payment wise. She was also hoping to have an option for 5 days after statement instead of the 15. Amex assures her things will be fine but we shall see
Message 2 of 5
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the response.

That's what I was thinking too.. I'd rather have it where it pays it as soon as the statement cuts (the day of) instead of waiting 15 days.... makes me nervous, LOL. 

Message 3 of 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

I would just accept the 15 days and leave it at that. The card is NPSL, so it's not like you are going to overrun any credit limit. Paying 15 days after statement is 10 days at least before the next statement closing date, and they will be just tickled green that you paid within terms.

Edit: BTW, You all DO realize that AMEX can see that you've set up "Autopay at 15 days" if they have any reason at all to look at your account, correct? Having this set up, if they do have any question about subsequent charges, they will just ensure that the PIF Autopay goes through before giving you any static about any new charges.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a good point. I love the autopay feature. It pays it and I dont have to worry.

Amex assures my wife things will be fine so I wouldnt worry too much.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.