Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Amex BCE CLI

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about Amex BCE CLI

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
It doesn't say that in those words...but it is in there... It is midway through the agreement I believe. I am under the impression it acts as comprehensive coverage and becomes primary coverage when I have no other primary coverage and protects me, even if the accident is my fault. I've clarified this with Chase also.

Either way, this post was about an Amex BCE cli plan.

:-)

I would normally say if you have a $3500 CL and you only put $500 on it and want a CLI to $11k you are crazy but Amex surprises time and time again when someone (me today) think they have the formula figured out with amex... but the previous poster stating put whatever you can through it if you want higher limit usually is best policy... Especially if you look at Promo offers (doesn't yours have it?) it requires $1k, $1500 in spending to qualify for the cash bonus? if they are trying to get you to spend $1500 to offer you a $50 cash value they want to see more than $199! (don't take my figures exactly, I can't see them and im not opening a second window to get them from the start of this thread, hopefully the figures used can be basic info towards the actual purpose of my statement or thoughts)

Message 21 of 27
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I remember reading the auto rental from the amex benefits page and they advise you not to get the insurance from the rental company. If you crash, they get your back or something.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 22 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

+1 cruz!!!! Lol

Mine is $100 back if I spend $1k in 90 days. Don't forget that Xmas is coming up! I'll make that, no prob :-P Lol I'm gonna spend more than that :-P I just want to make sure I never utilize more than 20% at one time...

I want them to increase my limit to get me to spend more haha. If it's $10.5k, then I really never will have the need to use more than 10% of my cl haha!!

What happened with you and Amex today!?!?! I must have missed that thread!!:-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 23 of 27
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I should tell you all.  I have the "Premium Car Rental Protection" from AMEX that costs about $25 bucks every time I rent a car (no matter the length of the rental) and it does not provide liability or any other coverage such as uninsured motorists, damage to any others driver's car or injury of anyone or anything.  You may request liability coverage through your car rental company.

However, yes  you can decline the rental company's collision damage waiver (CDW), Personal accident insurance (AD&D), and personal property coverage and similar options offered by the rental company, because these coverages are included under the plan.

You always have to get liability through the car rental company (you usually do and don't know it, I don't think most of them will allow you to rent without it).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 24 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

I should tell you all.  I have the "Premium Car Rental Protection" from AMEX that costs about $25 bucks every time I rent a car (no matter the length of the rental) and it does not provide liability or any other coverage such as uninsured motorists, damage to any others driver's car or injury of anyone or anything.  You may request liability coverage through your car rental company.

However, yes  you can decline the rental company's collision damage waiver (CDW), Personal accident insurance (AD&D), and personal property coverage and similar options offered by the rental company, because these coverages are included under the plan.

You always have to get liability through the car rental company (you usually do and don't know it, I don't think most of them will allow you to rent without it).

I don't mess when it comes to insurance like that... and because I'm from a no fault state I carry HIGH HIGH limits on everything especially the uninsured part and personal injury... Visa nor Chase could every cover 100% of your rental and the other persons rental and ALL medical for what could be 8+ people in a van you hit plus 4-8 if you rent an escalade or something... i mean hertz has cars up over $75000 in rental line up.... I don't care who at chase said you were completely covered, you should consider calling a state farm or allstate, Liberty or something... I can't believe if you have told someone at hertz you have NO COVERAGE they don't catch it and let you drive off declining all of their comverages too... someone gonna be hurtin if you in accident.

Message 25 of 27
dns
Established Member

I was just approved for my 3x CLI and I had a balance of 20% of my available credit. Hope this helps!

(12/2008)BofA Bankamericard: $2.2k, (11/2011)Chase Freedom: $3k, (04/2012)Barclays NFL Extra Points (Seahawks): $250, (08/2012)American Express BlueSky: $16.5k, (08/2012)Discover IT: $4.5k, (08/2012)Walmart Discover: $3.3k, (12/2013)BofA Alaska Airlines: $6.5k, (1/2014)Chase Sapphire Preferred: $8.5k

(11/2011)Chase EX: 756, (09/12)Walmart TU: 743 (08/12)Discover EQ:759 (09/12)CK FAKO:743, (09/12)CS FAKO: 738
Message 26 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yay!!!! Congrats dns!!!!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.