Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Amex Zync denial reason

tag
Viper786
Regular Contributor

Question about Amex Zync denial reason

I just applied for a Zync card for a family member and it got declied and the reason they stated is:

Thank you for your recent application for Zync SM from American Express.  We do value your desire to establish a relationship with us.  We regret that we are unable to approve your request.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Information received from Experian Consumer Reporting Agency  (See below)

The factors provided by the consumer reporting agency that affected our decision are:

Legal item(s) 

Anyone know what that means? Is this possible to recon?

EQ - 701 FICO - ScoreWatch (8/2016) | TU - 754 FICO - Fico 8 (8/2016) | EX - 710 Fico - Fico 8 (8/2016)
Amazon Store Card - $10,000 | Amex BCE - $2k | Barclaycard Ring - $2.5k | Capital One Platinum - $7,500 | Capital One Venture - $10,000 | Capital One VentureOne - $7500 | Chase Freedom - $3.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred - $1500 | Discover It - $4200 | Ebates Visa - $25,000 | Macy's - $1700 | Lowes - $12,000 | Walmart MasterCard - $15,000
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Question about Amex Zync denial reason

@Viper786 wrote:

I just applied for a Zync card for a family member and it got declied and the reason they stated is:

Thank you for your recent application for Zync SM from American Express.  We do value your desire to establish a relationship with us.  We regret that we are unable to approve your request.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Information received from Experian Consumer Reporting Agency  (See below)

The factors provided by the consumer reporting agency that affected our decision are:

Legal item(s) 

Anyone know what that means? Is this possible to recon?

AmEx Executive Office:  800-297-6197

Call this number and find out what it is.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 15
Viper786
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I called that number but they are closed. I will call tomorrow.

Just a little background: The person for whom I applied for previously had an Amex business gold that was charged off about 4 years ago. This person also has a judgement on their reports that is also a few years old. 

Was having recent success with some credit approvals which is why I tried apping for a Zync. Most recent success was with capital one cash w/ 2k limit.

EQ - 701 FICO - ScoreWatch (8/2016) | TU - 754 FICO - Fico 8 (8/2016) | EX - 710 Fico - Fico 8 (8/2016)
Amazon Store Card - $10,000 | Amex BCE - $2k | Barclaycard Ring - $2.5k | Capital One Platinum - $7,500 | Capital One Venture - $10,000 | Capital One VentureOne - $7500 | Chase Freedom - $3.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred - $1500 | Discover It - $4200 | Ebates Visa - $25,000 | Macy's - $1700 | Lowes - $12,000 | Walmart MasterCard - $15,000
Message 3 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Could you possibly be still listed as an ACM on Amex's blacklist?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Could you possibly be still listed as an ACM on Amex's blacklist?

+1

More than likely blacklisted.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I re-read the original post.

Amex seriously blacklists.

I definitely wouldn't have use an inquiry on a company where an unpaid CO was still lingering.

Amex is known for not selling debt so there's still likely an opportunity to repay the debt through their Optima, Oasis, or whatever the heck it's called program.

Message 6 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

I re-read the original post.

Amex seriously blacklists.

I definitely wouldn't have use an inquiry on a company where an unpaid CO was still lingering.

Amex is known for not selling debt so there's still likely an opportunity to repay the debt through their Optima, Oasis, or whatever the heck it's called program.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 15
Viper786
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. Btw, what's ACM?

Message 8 of 15
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

CM = Card Member. Amex uses ACM term instead of AU.
Message 9 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

ACM = Additional Card Member.

As I understand it: Amex doesn't technically do authorized users. Additional card membership is a perk extended to its members. That might be one of the reasons they get away with using "Member since" and can back date.

Being an ACM/AU may not build history with Amex but they do issue seperate account numbers and track every charge made. In case of default, they're one of the few companies that will go after or blacklist an ACM for their charges. Accepting the additional card is an agreement to pay for your own charges. That's another way an Amex card is very different. Smiley Happy

@Viper786 wrote:

Thanks for the info. Btw, what's ACM?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.