Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Amex backdaiting

tag
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Question about Amex backdaiting

So I was aproved for the GOLD PRG & Delta Gold a few weeks ago. My wife and I are buying a house this summer. We went in and got pre-aproved in april, but decided to wait till end of summer b/c my wife is an RN and is going to another hospital. She is staying in her same field, just getting out of the ER going into Med-Surg at a diff hospital. I know your no suppose to apply for credit 3-6 months before. I was apble to get both cards back dated to 1995 along with my wifes carrds. We both had Amex back then. Since these will report as old TL it should not effect us buying  house? I kow the HP will shop up. Also from now on,if I were to get another Amex it will work opposite effect to your AAOA, corect? So if I got  new chase card it willlower me, but a new Amex will help? Thanks for the advice given, this board is great.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
evil_ducky
Contributor

Re: Question about Amex backdaiting

In regards to AAoA, if your AAoA is less than however many years ago your Amex MSD is, then adding backdated cards will pull your AAoA toward your Amex MSD and vice versa. If your AAoA is 3 years and your MSD is from 4 years ago, backdated accounts will increase your AAoA. If your AAoA is 3 years and your MSD is from 2 years ago, it'll drag it down. The same principle works toward non-backdated cards. If your AAoA is 3 years and the age of a brand new card is 0 years (or 1 month or whatever), your AAoA will move in the direction of the new card's age, in this case lower.
Message 2 of 4
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Right now my AAOA is 1.4 years with my oldiest cards from 2011. I had to rebuild! Now with 1.4 and two cards from 1995 looks my AAOA will go to 3 years. Thats going by the AAOA calculator. I would of thought more! My wifes AAOA is 4 years her oldiets account is her student loan from 2003. Looks liek hers will go up a year or two aswell. How will lenders see these new accounts? Will they just see them as 19yr accounts, or will they beable to see there new TL?

Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Juss11 wrote:

Right now my AAOA is 1.4 years with my oldiest cards from 2011. I had to rebuild! Now with 1.4 and two cards from 1995 looks my AAOA will go to 3 years. Thats going by the AAOA calculator. I would of thought more! My wifes AAOA is 4 years her oldiets account is her student loan from 2003. Looks liek hers will go up a year or two aswell. How will lenders see these new accounts? Will they just see them as 19yr accounts, or will they beable to see there new TL?

Your UW will see them as new TLs under manual review. The date opened will be backdated but the date first reported will be current. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.