Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Amex platinum and delta

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Amex platinum and delta

Hi so I'm planning to book airline tickets on delta for me
And my family this week. We all have our own sky smiles numbers. I just got the Amex platinum card last month and if I book using Amex travel I will get 5x the points. Does it make sense to book using Amex travel and will I get the 5x points and also the credit with delta sky miles for the trip? Or is it better for me To book directly with delta for any reason ? Help! I'm so new to all of this thanks !
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Amex platinum and delta

You get 5x points for booking directly with airlines OR by booking through AMEX travel (online or by phone.) Personally, I tend to book directly with the airline as the fare I'm flying is the same price and Delta's website is easy to use.

I haven't used AMEX travel in a couple of years, but I seem to remember you can input your skymiles number during the booking process.

Message 2 of 5
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I would also book this directly with Delta. Still get the 5x and easy to input everyone's skymile numbers. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're using the regualr Amex Platinum card then it's best to just book directly with Delta. Won't really make a difference either way, but at least you'd go through Delta directly so if ever there was an issue, Delta would be the main contact.

I only book through Amex Travel if I'm redeeming Membership Reward points. They do let you put in your Skymiles number and you still get credit through them as well.

Message 4 of 5
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Book directly with Delta.  So much easier to deal with changes and problems when there is no third party (i.e., Amex).

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.