Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about App Spree and InQuiries

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Question about App Spree and InQuiries

hello folks,

i wanted to go on a bit of an app spree in the next few months (maybe 5-6), but had a question about inquiries...if i plan on apping all on the same day, will the cc companies only see the number of inquiries prior to that day, or will be see the updated number of inquiries as they get updated that day? appreciate the advice Smiley Happy

dc

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Question about App Spree and InQuiries

@djc1puno wrote:

hello folks,

i wanted to go on a bit of an app spree in the next few months (maybe 5-6), but had a question about inquiries...if i plan on apping all on the same day, will the cc companies only see the number of inquiries prior to that day, or will be see the updated number of inquiries as they get updated that day? appreciate the advice Smiley Happy

dc

INQ's hit your CR as fast as you can hit submit

That being said if you know which lender pulls what CB and spread them over all 3 your chance of them seeing them all decrease

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 16
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

ok thanks for the advice Smiley Happy

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

ok thanks for the advice Smiley Happy

Good Luck 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 16
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

INQ's hit your CR as fast as you can hit submit

That being said if you know which lender pulls what CB and spread them over all 3 your chance of them seeing them all decrease

+11

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 16
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

would apping for 2 amex's be 1 pull? i was thinking green and bce...or would that be 2 different pulls?

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

would apping for 2 amex's be 1 pull? i was thinking green and bce...or would that be 2 different pulls?

YMMV but if you app green 1st and if approved app BCE minutes later in most cases its 1 HP 

What are your scores now any baddies oldest account age?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 16
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

myjourney,

that's what i had in mind...app for the green and then the bce...if i get approved for the green then at least in Smiley Happy
as for my credit, i had 2 collections that were just removed last month from dispute...had lots of students loans that were defaulted but did a loan consolidation back in april and it's been reporting as paid in time...my current scores are tu 680 and eq 670 (my ficos). oldest cc account is over 3 years, and from CK, AAoA is 9 months this month (did some apps in feb so i'm waiting for those 2 to get to 6 months before apping, and hopefully CLIs). but my credit history started in 97...so i'm hoping by august my scores would go up a bit...but what do you guys think?

dc

ps. my current util is at about 17% total...5 cards...i should have 4 paid off by next month and just have about 9 percent on my 5th card by then as well. that 5th card is a barclays rewards, which is up for it's 5 month review next month...

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

myjourney,

that's what i had in mind...app for the green and then the bce...if i get approved for the green then at least in Smiley Happy
as for my credit, i had 2 collections that were just removed last month from dispute...had lots of students loans that were defaulted but did a loan consolidation back in april and it's been reporting as paid in time...my current scores are tu 680 and eq 670 (my ficos). oldest cc account is over 3 years, and from CK, AAoA is 9 months this month (did some apps in feb so i'm waiting for those 2 to get to 6 months before apping, and hopefully CLIs). but my credit history started in 97...so i'm hoping by august my scores would go up a bit...but what do you guys think?

dc

ps. my current util is at about 17% total...5 cards...i should have 4 paid off by next month and just have about 9 percent on my 5th card by then as well. that 5th card is a barclays rewards, which is up for it's 5 month review next month...

I just app'ed Amex yesterday which resulted in 1 HP so if you app take the 1-2 punch route you can always cancel green a year from now if you don't want it anymore 

UTL..... get it down before app try to come in about 1-6% that's what works best for me 

Your scores are good 

history is good 

question how much is the loan consolidated amount?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.