Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Question about App Spree and InQuiries

hello folks,

 

i wanted to go on a bit of an app spree in the next few months (maybe 5-6), but had a question about inquiries...if i plan on apping all on the same day, will the cc companies only see the number of inquiries prior to that day, or will be see the updated number of inquiries as they get updated that day? appreciate the advice :smileyhappy:

 

dc



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,723
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Question about App Spree and InQuiries


djc1puno wrote:

hello folks,

 

i wanted to go on a bit of an app spree in the next few months (maybe 5-6), but had a question about inquiries...if i plan on apping all on the same day, will the cc companies only see the number of inquiries prior to that day, or will be see the updated number of inquiries as they get updated that day? appreciate the advice :smileyhappy:

 

dc


INQ's hit your CR as fast as you can hit submit

That being said if you know which lender pulls what CB and spread them over all 3 your chance of them seeing them all decrease

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/2013
Moderator
Posts: 27,206
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Question about App Spree and InQuiries

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: Question about App Spree and InQuiries

ok thanks for the advice :smileyhappy:



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,723
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Question about App Spree and InQuiries


djc1puno wrote:

ok thanks for the advice :smileyhappy:


Good Luck 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/2013
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,738
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: Question about App Spree and InQuiries


myjourney wrote:



INQ's hit your CR as fast as you can hit submit

That being said if you know which lender pulls what CB and spread them over all 3 your chance of them seeing them all decrease


+11


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: Question about App Spree and InQuiries

would apping for 2 amex's be 1 pull? i was thinking green and bce...or would that be 2 different pulls?



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,723
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Question about App Spree and InQuiries

[ Edited ]

djc1puno wrote:

would apping for 2 amex's be 1 pull? i was thinking green and bce...or would that be 2 different pulls?


YMMV but if you app green 1st and if approved app BCE minutes later in most cases its 1 HP 

What are your scores now any baddies oldest account age?

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/2013
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: Question about App Spree and InQuiries

myjourney,

 

that's what i had in mind...app for the green and then the bce...if i get approved for the green then at least in :smileyhappy:
as for my credit, i had 2 collections that were just removed last month from dispute...had lots of students loans that were defaulted but did a loan consolidation back in april and it's been reporting as paid in time...my current scores are tu 680 and eq 670 (my ficos). oldest cc account is over 3 years, and from CK, AAoA is 9 months this month (did some apps in feb so i'm waiting for those 2 to get to 6 months before apping, and hopefully CLIs). but my credit history started in 97...so i'm hoping by august my scores would go up a bit...but what do you guys think?

 

dc

 

ps. my current util is at about 17% total...5 cards...i should have 4 paid off by next month and just have about 9 percent on my 5th card by then as well. that 5th card is a barclays rewards, which is up for it's 5 month review next month...



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,723
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Question about App Spree and InQuiries


djc1puno wrote:

myjourney,

 

that's what i had in mind...app for the green and then the bce...if i get approved for the green then at least in :smileyhappy:
as for my credit, i had 2 collections that were just removed last month from dispute...had lots of students loans that were defaulted but did a loan consolidation back in april and it's been reporting as paid in time...my current scores are tu 680 and eq 670 (my ficos). oldest cc account is over 3 years, and from CK, AAoA is 9 months this month (did some apps in feb so i'm waiting for those 2 to get to 6 months before apping, and hopefully CLIs). but my credit history started in 97...so i'm hoping by august my scores would go up a bit...but what do you guys think?

 

dc

 

ps. my current util is at about 17% total...5 cards...i should have 4 paid off by next month and just have about 9 percent on my 5th card by then as well. that 5th card is a barclays rewards, which is up for it's 5 month review next month...


I just app'ed Amex yesterday which resulted in 1 HP so if you app take the 1-2 punch route you can always cancel green a year from now if you don't want it anymore 

UTL..... get it down before app try to come in about 1-6% that's what works best for me 

Your scores are good 

history is good 

question how much is the loan consolidated amount?

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/2013
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.