heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Authorized User

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

well the original card is amex business gold charge card, which they pay off every month, I just have the 2000 cl because i lost the card and they don't trust me with unlimited card. I got this card around the same time as I got my 2 new cards, which was last month. I just hope that having this card would some how boost my credit hopefully toward 700 and over soon.

Ahhh, then your util will not improve as a charge card does not report a limit. So all you will get is a lower AAoA and your score remaining the same or lowering a bit. 

AAoA wouldn't necessarily be lower. It all depends on when his business opened the card I believe. If the card reports, I'm fairly certain it would report the open date as when the company opened the card originally. 

As an AU, from my understanding, he gets his own card number with a MSD of 2014.

However, now that I think about it, it's a business CC. I don't think this will even report to your personal credit report. 

well... there's goes my dream for rapid mid 700 credit score Smiley Sad

Sorry bud!

Also, though the card has a 2k "credit limit," this was placed by your employer, the card is NSPL and thus does not report a limit. 

Message 11 of 26
elegia
New Contributor

Amex cardholders can set individual spending limits on AU cards, but that's really just an internal feature and doesn't get reported since what appears on credit reports is the actual account information, not just what's relevant to the individual users/cards under the account. So it will show the opening date of the account, not the date the AU was added, and the total charges made across all users, not just what one user spent, etc.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

so this card has no benefit to me what so ever, just convenient for my bosses so I can run all the errands and coffee runs for'em, sucks being at the bottom of the totem pole Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 26
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so this card has no benefit to me what so ever, just convenient for my bosses so I can run all the errands and coffee runs for'em, sucks being at the bottom of the totem pole Smiley Sad

Corporate AMEX cards can still be made useful with regards to rewards; AMEX might ask you to pay a fee to join the rewards program. If you're spending heavily on that card and you're getting paid for that all the time, just enjoy the rewards Smiley Happy My SO was given a Green, but we're getting it converted to Plat. Helps with the lounges when travelling.

Also, you are the person responsible for your own payment or missing it, in the eyes of FICO / lenders. So it's fitting that a card which is not used at your discretion (or paid for) is not included in your CRs.

Message 14 of 26
b_diddy
Established Contributor

This is a business card, likely opened under a Federal Tax ID #, by the company.  It will not report to your CR so it will not have an impact on your score.  Although you may have a hard pull from when the card was initially issued to you, your company likely signed a corporate guarantee if you did not have sufficient credit history in AMEX's eyes.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Corporate AMEX cards can still be made useful with regards to rewards; AMEX might ask you to pay a fee to join the rewards program. If you're spending heavily on that card and you're getting paid for that all the time, just enjoy the rewards Smiley Happy My SO was given a Green, but we're getting it converted to Plat. Helps with the lounges when travelling.

Also, you are the person responsible for your own payment or missing it, in the eyes of FICO / lenders. So it's fitting that a card which is not used at your discretion (or paid for) is not included in your CRs.

I already checked about the rewards, they told me that only the original account holder will get the rewards Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@b_diddy wrote:

This is a business card, likely opened under a Federal Tax ID #, by the company.  It will not report to your CR so it will not have an impact on your score.  Although you may have a hard pull from when the card was initially issued to you, your company likely signed a corporate guarantee if you did not have sufficient credit history in AMEX's eyes.

Do you know which credit agency they hp from? I haven't seen any alert from TU about hp yet, hopefully they didn't.

Message 17 of 26
elegia
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@b_diddy wrote:

Do you know which credit agency they hp from? I haven't seen any alert from TU about hp yet, hopefully they didn't.

I'm pretty sure Amex never pulls for adding AUs.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elegia wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@b_diddy wrote:

I'm pretty sure Amex never pulls for adding AUs.

whew! that's a relief. though i really don't need to worry about hp much, since I probably won't be applying for any loan what so ever for next 2 years Smiley Tongue

this forum is making me all paranoid! Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 26
b_diddy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@b_diddy wrote:

Likely EX around the time the initial card was issued to you ...

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.