Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about BOA secured card usage !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about BOA secured card usage !

I want to increase my credit limit from  $800 to $3000 by adding $2200 to my collateral deposit

2 months before my fully secured boa card unsecures (I hope this way when it unsecures and get my money back my cl will stay the same $3000)

Right now I have been charging around $37 a month .....i always PIF.....If after the cli  my balance jumps to $175 a month will this hurt me since it s a big change in my pattern of spending or do I assume that I ll be fine since my cli allows it !!

Is it a safe thing to do or is it just me freaking out   Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about BOA secured card usage !

my limit is $500 and I charge on average of over $800. I pay 3-4 times a month. I finally just added another $500 to the account so that I would have the CL to charge with less payments each month. I think the more you use a card and pif the better off you will be later when it comes to CLI.  Having a big cl and no usage does not show you can handle the cl, so why would they give you more. I know some banks still will give increases, but I think you see better increases when you actually use your card.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think your usage will matter that much unless you are literally maxing it out, chargine $175 on even a $500 cl is only ~35% which seems responsible
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would charge nearly 800 dollars before doing the cli and then keep the blance higher but less than 50%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.