Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Barclay Rewards Card

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Question about Barclay Rewards Card

I'd like to acquire one more card. I was just turned down by Chase for their Slate card because they said all of my credit card accounts are less than one year old. Is the Barclay Rewards card an easy card to get? CK says I have a very good chance of approval, but I have several inquiries in the past few days, I thought I remembered reading on here that they are inquiry sensitive. Is this true?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Barclay Rewards Card

are those your fico scores in your signature?

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 12
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Yes, they are actually a few points higher each now, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Message 3 of 12
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

whats the rest of your file look like? any negatives? how many inquries? whats your current cards look like? 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 4 of 12
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

whats the rest of your file look like? any negatives? how many inquries? whats your current cards look like? 

I have one collection account from a charge off that falls off in April, depending on who they pull I have 5-9 inquiries, and my cards are

Cap 1 Platinum

Cap 1 QS1

Chase Amazon Rewards

and in the past three days I have been approved for...

Cap 1 Quicksilver

Amex Everyday

Amex Blue Cash Everyday

Chase Freedom

I wanted the Slate as my final card but like I said they don't like that I have so many new cards. CK says the Barclays card has very high approval odds but that obviously doesn't factor in my recent splurge which is why I figured I'd ask about this card on the forum.

Message 5 of 12
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

i would try for and if they say no, recon them to death....

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried when my TU was 652...denied...reconned twice still denied. They said that I had new many accounts since I just started rebuilding and my oldest was only 6 months old. They didnt care about my inquiries or 2 6year old collections (non credit card related)...but your YMMV if denied recon! I read they are very recon friendly. 

Message 7 of 12
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the responses.

Went ahead and applied and was denied, got the 7-10 day notice. I called to recon and was told it was denied without a pull because of a recent application. He asked if I applied in the past three months and I told him no, my last application was six months ago. He asked to run my credit and put me on hold and came back to tell me I was approved and asked if $1,500 was okay, I asked if it could go as far as my Cap 1 balances of around $3,000 and he said the best he could do was bump it up another 500 to $2,000.

Cool, they have a zero APR deal for transfers right now for six months, that will give me plenty of time to transfer the one balance I have and get it paid before I have to worry about interest.

So as you said....definitely recon friendly, I'm glad I called.

Message 8 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sound about the right limit for your TU score... Usuaully they will match your Cap1 or other card though.  Least it is an approval and you have had an incrediable run this month on two AMEX's the freedom and now this card.. Might be time to garden for 6 months or soSmiley Happy.  I will trade you my Barclay's RMC of 4k for one of your Amex 1k's.. Need backdating so badly..  Can't wait to take use of being an AU on parents from 1980 oh that will help so much when somehow i get in with them

Message 9 of 12
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

good job on the recon!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.