Senior Contributor
Open123

Re: Question about Barclay's/ request for CLI

Jayb5635 wrote:
I would only want to do it if it will net me a cli on barclays rewards mastercard. I'd write myself a check, deposit it in my account, and immediately pay it back. I have to check what was written on the letter they sent me with some checks yesterday. I do remember quickly glancing at the letter and it saying something about my credit line

Yeah, that's it.  

If you read it, it stipulates your CL will raise by the amount of the check you write to yourself.  There are no fees, other than the 2%.  You can pay it off, or carry a 0% balance for up to 18 months.

Of course, if you don't need the money, you're in essence paying 2% for a CLI.  Whether that's worth it or not depends entirely on you.

Established Contributor
emptypockets

Re: Question about Barclay's/ request for CLI

I got a similar offer on my NFL card on Friday. It was for A 18 mos BT, and if you write the check for 3k, they will give you a CLI for that amount.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (4), Chase (6), Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa FCU Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Citi (4), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, DC Premier MC, Macy's AMEX; A few store cards.

Current Scores: EQ My Fico (12/14): 785; TU MyFico (12/14): 795; EX (My Fico): 765; Walmart TU Fico 08 (12/2014): 788

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}