Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about Barclay's/ request for CLI

Jayb5635 wrote:
I would only want to do it if it will net me a cli on barclays rewards mastercard. I'd write myself a check, deposit it in my account, and immediately pay it back. I have to check what was written on the letter they sent me with some checks yesterday. I do remember quickly glancing at the letter and it saying something about my credit line

Yeah, that's it.  

If you read it, it stipulates your CL will raise by the amount of the check you write to yourself.  There are no fees, other than the 2%.  You can pay it off, or carry a 0% balance for up to 18 months.

Of course, if you don't need the money, you're in essence paying 2% for a CLI.  Whether that's worth it or not depends entirely on you.

Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Barclay's/ request for CLI

I got a similar offer on my NFL card on Friday. It was for A 18 mos BT, and if you write the check for 3k, they will give you a CLI for that amount.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (6), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 RLR MC, Diner's Club MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (7/2015): EQ My Fico: 789; TU MyFico: 795; EX (My Fico): 774

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.