Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Barclays LL Bean Visa Card

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Question about Barclays LL Bean Visa Card

Is this card considered a store card? Anyone has an idea of how difficult it is to obtain?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about Barclays LL Bean Visa Card

@WarJar101 wrote:

Is this card considered a store card? Anyone has an idea of how difficult it is to obtain?

Do yourself a favor and pass on anything that has Barclays name attached... They are notorous for closing out accounts spur of the moment without notice.. especially if you are trying to rebuild credit... because once you start apping for better cards barclays will give you the cut... Read through the forums... people are always posting about how barclays gave them the axe..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 14
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

Do yourself a favor and pass on anything that has Barclays name attached... They are notorous for closing out accounts spur of the moment without notice.. especially if you are trying to rebuild credit... because once you start apping for better cards barclays will give you the cut... Read through the forums... people are always posting about how barclays gave them the axe..

hope this never happens to me.....they have been good to me......SO FAR.......only been a year though.......

Message 3 of 14
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Yes, sir!

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 4 of 14
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

That statement is not entirely accurate.. Barclays is actually a very good lender and can be very generous, especially when it comes to Recons. There have been posts about barclays closing accounts after opening theirs but not that many. They won't close your account just for opening a few new cards, so long as everything else looks decent. If you go opening numerous accounts and utili shoots up and other baddies,,,well I mean C'mon, what do you expect. I, myself, have opened 6 new accounts since having barclays and they haven't said a word. Barclays has been terrific for me in my building process and are a great anytime you need to call them. They are always eager to help. We also had a member that opened 15 NEW ACCOUNTS after Barclays and all they did was send him a friendly reminder to e careful with his credit and opening SO many new accounts BUT DID NOT shut his account down or CLD. I happen to really like Barclays and believe they are a great CCC to begin a relationship with. They don't mind taking chances on people and are great for builders/re-builders because they offer them the opportunity to call in for a recon and explain any baddies one might have and their recon approval rate is phenomenal. I would go with Barclays if you really want the LL bean visa card, IMO.          oohhh yea, they are great with auto-cli's

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 14
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

That statement is not entirely accurate.. Barclays is actually a very good lender and can be very generous, especially when it comes to Recons. There have been posts about barclays closing accounts after opening theirs but not that many. They won't close your account just for opening a few new cards, so long as everything else looks decent. If you go opening numerous accounts and utili shoots up and other baddies,,,well I mean C'mon, what do you expect. I, myself, have opened 6 new accounts since having barclays and they haven't said a word. Barclays has been terrific for me in my building process and are a great anytime you need to call them. They are always eager to help. We also had a member that opened 15 NEW ACCOUNTS after Barclays and all they did was send him a friendly reminder to e careful with his credit and opening SO many new accounts BUT DID NOT shut his account down or CLD. I happen to really like Barclays and believe they are a great CCC to begin a relationship with. They don't mind taking chances on people and are great for builders/re-builders because they offer them the opportunity to call in for a recon and explain any baddies one might have and their recon approval rate is phenomenal. I would go with Barclays if you really want the LL bean visa card, IMO.          oohhh yea, they are great with auto-cli's

YMMV... its a different ball game for everbody... some people never experiance anything neg with Barcalys.. others have their cards shut down with too many new inqs etc... everybody is diff!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 14
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I would love to have the ll bean card, do you guys know how they would respond to a recent credit user like myself?

Message 7 of 14
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@WarJar101, Barclay's almost exclusively pulls TransUnion. Do you know what your TU FICO is?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 14
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I think it's about 715, last time I check. However, I just got my first CC last month. So, I'm wondering if they would except a person with no/limited credit credit history.

@gettnthere wrote:
@WarJar101, Barclay's almost exclusively pulls TransUnion. Do you know what your TU FICO is?

Message 9 of 14
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

They usualy like to see some history. I will wait until your current card has reported for at least six months. Better not to waste an inquiry.

I love Barclay. They have been good to me. I opened a credit card and got a personal loan after I got their card and they rewarded me with a credit line increase. You will be fine as long as you don't go ovverboard on the new accounts after getting a Barclay card. However, they have excellent customer service and their card will grow as your credit improves!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.