Did you mean: 

Question about Barclays LL Bean Visa Card

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about Barclays LL Bean Visa Card

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

Is this card considered a store card? Anyone has an idea of how difficult it is to obtain?

Do yourself a favor and pass on anything that has Barclays name attached... They are notorous for closing out accounts spur of the moment without notice.. especially if you are trying to rebuild credit... because once you start apping for better cards barclays will give you the cut... Read through the forums... people are always posting about how barclays gave them the axe..

this is not accurate. In very rare instances, Barclays has taken AA on an acct, and only when there were many accts opened, many inq, high util, a late pmt -- something to trigger it. The percentage of us who have had positive experiences with them far outweighs the rare CLD or AA. 

To answer OP's question, it is not a store card if it has the visa or mc logo on it. Store cards are only good at the store where they were issued. Usually there are some rewards, etc. that would be good at the co-branded visa/mc store. In this case, LL Bean. So, you use the visa anywhere and the points, would be redeemed at LL Bean. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:

They usualy like to see some history. I will wait until your current card has reported for at least six months. Better not to waste an inquiry.

I love Barclay. They have been good to me. I opened a credit card and got a personal loan after I got their card and they rewarded me with a credit line increase. You will be fine as long as you don't go ovverboard on the new accounts after getting a Barclay card. However, they have excellent customer service and their card will grow as your credit improves!

+1

At least 6 mos history with a revolving TL. Closer to a year would be better. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

Is this card considered a store card? Anyone has an idea of how difficult it is to obtain?

The term is co-branded card.   It is a both a major cc (VISA) and store card (LL Bean).

From my experience it is harder than most store cards, so I suggest waiting until you have 6 months of good history.

Message 13 of 14
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

YMMV!!
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.