Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Barclays " paranoid credit rules. "

tag
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about Barclays " paranoid credit rules. "

Did some click-throughs on the Terms and Conditions on their site, seems that their NFL card has the best combination of BT offer (12 months at 0% APR and low purchase APR), so I went with that app. Only have one TU inquiry (read that Barclay usually pulls TU, especially in NJ) in the past two years (two if you count another one I had with Barclay's over 16 months ago - denial at that point for one of the Apple cards), current util. is at 21%, FICO is 713, no baddies, just student loans creating most of my debt. Got the 7-10, wondering if I should call in tonight to get a live person on the phone or wait until tomorrow morning for a "recon" try? My other TU inquiry was in early March, approved for a $4200 limit with TempurPedic (Wells Fargo), that account has a $0 balance.

Also, important to note I have tried with Barclay once each of the past three years (including just now), previous two have been turned down, hoping third time's the charm!

ImageImageImage

Message 21 of 22
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Question about Barclays " paranoid credit rules. "

Please let us know what happens.  I'm very interested to see if you are approved for this.  Admittedly, I have some selfish reasons to be concerned - my husband want to convert his Apple iTunes card to whatever is the best he can get from Barclay.  They told him "no" back in his mediocre-credit days, but now that his credit is pure as the driven snow, he is thinking about what to ask for from them.