Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Bloomingdales / Macys

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Question about Bloomingdales / Macys

Anyone knows what is the waiting time required between each CLI request?

If I am to upgrade to the Amex version, I understand it will become 2 tradelines. However, will the 2nd tradeline be backdated, or will it be regarded as a brand new account?

Thanks!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about Bloomingdales / Macys

Unfortunally, it's a brand new account.... Same will be if you open one of their sub-accounts (club acc, major purchase acc etc) the only company that actually backdates is American Express Centurion Bank.... And Macys / Blommingdales is issued by DSNB /Citi
Message 2 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Will the old (original) account stay the same, or will it be closed out and 2 new trade lines will be created instead? Or just 1 new trade line on top of the old one?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 11
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Your old Macys Store account will remain the same (it keeps getting updates as usual) and your Macys Amex will show up in your report separately as if you had opened a new credit tradeline
Message 4 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Ah I see. Thanks!
Message 5 of 11
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

You Welcome! Also, remember you need a EXP 700 + FiCO to get approved and you might end up with a Hard inquiry in your EXP report.. In some cases they use the last EQ SP and don't get a HP in EXP at all which was my case when i upgraded my Macys store acc to Amex Version ...
Message 6 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Oh u managed to upgrade Amex version with just a sp? Did you call csr or recon?
Message 7 of 11
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Well i requested the upgrade online through their Chat . They specifically told me i was going to get a HP on EXP and asked my permission to see my credit report, they also asked me for my income, housing status etc. I was told it was going to take 2 billing cicles to get an answer from them if i was approved or not. Four days after that i logged into my Macys Online profile and they picture you see on your profile had changed from a gold store card pic to Amex pic so i called them and told me i was approved with $6000 CL they also told me my credit was very good and only got $6,000 cuz of my low income.,.. I checked my EXP report a fwe days later and there wasn't any hard inquiry from them. They didn't even send me a letter telling me that i was approved just the card the following next week
Message 8 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Ah I see. Thanks a lot!
Message 9 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

Really? Turn my back for a minute and you are asking about a Macy's/Amex! Lol
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.