Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about BoA secured payment

tag
GFer
Valued Contributor

Question about BoA secured payment

Do they not let you pay this online if you don't have other accounts with them??

It keeps giving me error and asking me to call number. Would they be closed on Sundays?

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question about BoA secured payment

If it's like un-secured BofA cards, you can't pay on their site until the first statement posts, unless you have an existing account. (Same way with American Express.)

I went to my non-BofA online checking account and did a bill-pay from there. You'll need to know your BofA account number.

This allows you to "push" money into your BofA account from an outside bank.

Once your first statement drops, you'll be able to set up your payments from the BofA site.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
GFer
Valued Contributor

It's a secured card. I've already paid my 1st statement (like 2 weeks ago?).
At first I figured it was because it was so new, and I remembered other cards do wait for the 1st statement. But it still won't let me set it up.

Message 3 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

huh, that's a new one on me.

We'll need to wait for others with this card, then. Is there online tech support available on Sundays? Seems like I called once about DH's account, and I had to leave a number. They called back later, but I can't remember if it was a weekend or not. (I have gotten confused on many different online bank sites, lol.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 11
GFer
Valued Contributor

I called the 800 and it gave info on every option of paying except for online with them! Hmmm
I don't like that. Oh, well. They gave me balance and of course I can pay from my online bill pay thru my checking.

That sux, though. Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 11
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to Hijack but anyone who has a fully secured BOA can you keep adding to the secured account to increase your CL.
Message 6 of 11
GFer
Valued Contributor

But not with a partially secured? 500/99 ??

Message 7 of 11
cw81
Frequent Contributor

I am sorry I should have made it clear I was taking about the fully secured.

Message Edited by cw81 on 09-21-2008 01:37 PM
Message 8 of 11
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

GFer wrote:
Do they not let you pay this online if you don't have other accounts with them??

It keeps giving me error and asking me to call number. Would they be closed on Sundays?

not sure if this applies or not but when I openend my checking account with them and tried to fund it from my wells fargo account, it wouldn't go through (as in they couldn't verify the account from wells fargo). I had to set up a test deposit, wait a few days, pull my test deposit amounts to verify that it was my account from wells fargo. After that it was all good.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can pay on your account anytime on this site.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.