Valued Member
egold1234

Question about CCs when PIF

Okay, so I finnaly paid my card off. My statment ends on March 25th. I know if you pay your balance off by the due date you are not charged intrest. My card now has a $0 balance, but if I were to begin using it now, would I be charged intrest on the March 25th statment? To avoid this, should I wait till after I recieve my statment to begin using my card?

Since my card is PIF, I no longer want to use my debit card (free up my & my buisnesses cash flow), and instead pay my CC in full each month provided its intrest free.

Thanks guys!

Super Contributor
DI

Re: Question about CCs when PIF

egold1234 wrote:

Okay, so I finnaly paid my card off. My statment ends on March 25th. I know if you pay your balance off by the due date you are not charged intrest. My card now has a $0 balance, but if I were to begin using it now, would I be charged intrest on the March 25th statment? To avoid this, should I wait till after I recieve my statment to begin using my card?

Since my card is PIF, I no longer want to use my debit card (free up my & my buisnesses cash flow), and instead pay my CC in full each month provided its intrest free.

Thanks guys!

No you won't pay interest.   As long as you paid the full amount listed on your last statement you avoid interest.  But most of us try to avoid even having a balance appearing on our credit reports.  

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: Question about CCs when PIF

It is not clear when you made the PIF.   

In general it takes 2 months of PIF before no are no charges on the statement.   However there is no interest on new charges after first PIF so no need to wait.   

It is very complicated to understand.   

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}