Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about CLI and Freezes on Accounts

tag
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

Question about CLI and Freezes on Accounts

Hi everyone!  I was wondering if someone could give me information on CLI's and if certain banks can do them if there is a security freeze on all three of my credit reports?  Do I have to unfreeze or will they be able to access my reports since they are already reporting on them?

Thanks in advance.

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about CLI and Freezes on Accounts

there was a post a few months ago listing soft or hard pulls from list of creditors for CLIs.  you may want to do a search.  from my very recent experience, i received CLIs on the following accounts, all soft pulls: 

Nordstrom

GE Bank

Bank of America

HSBC

Discover

Citi

Again, all soft pulls in my case.  Hope this helps.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Question about CLI and Freezes on Accounts

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

Hi everyone!  I was wondering if someone could give me information on CLI's and if certain banks can do them if there is a security freeze on all three of my credit reports?  Do I have to unfreeze or will they be able to access my reports since they are already reporting on them?

Thanks in advance.

It depends on the creditor. They will tell you if they need you to lift it, at that point i'd be asking if it's a HP or SP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.