Frequent Contributor

Question about Cap1 credit steps

I opened a Cap 1 in mid July, $300 credit steps to $500 after 5th statement. The second statement cut on Monday 9/8 and I called the backdoor number today and got CL doubled to $600.

After reading a bit I noticed that some people got larger CLI than they were originally promised when credit steps kicked. My question is should I expect a larger increase after the 5th statement or just the original $200. I've been charging close to the limit and PIF. I've run about $700 through it in that time period.

Thanks 
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about Cap1 credit steps

The fact that you got an increase after 1 month is amazing (for Cap One). But as far as I saw other posts, Cap One likes maxing-out with PIF.
Regular Contributor

My third statement just cut about a week ago. So I called the back door # an got an 300 increase. Now I have to wait an see what type of an increase I'll get with the credit step. If I remember the letter that I received stated it should be around 250.
Frequent Contributor

I opened mine in late 4/08- $300 cl

in late 6/08 (after 2nd stmt hit), I called and got $300 cli

in 8/08, credit steps (which was only supposed to be $250 per letter) hit and I got a $500 cli

total cl as of 8/08= 1.1k.  had I not called the backdoor #, I would’ve only been @ 550.

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I got a $1000 cl with Cap 1 in June 2008. I was enrolled in the credit steps program. 2 statement have cut, (august 25th), I called today, just to see if I could get a CLI, and they gave me $500. YIPPPEEE...  I should get another $500 after the next statement, then I will call every couple of months and ask...

I currently have a balance of -160.00 because I double paid my CC bill... I used the bill pay on cap one's website and that of my banks... too funny...  Oh well...

Thanks for all the great advice guys!

Bridget
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor

What's the backdoor number?
Senior Contributor

Gonna make my BF do this on his $1k Cap 1 from July.
Are you guys getting hit with inqs for asking for CLI?
Regular Contributor

They do not make a hard inquiry for their decision.
Senior Contributor

Thank you!

Physicist wrote:
They do not make a hard inquiry for their decision.

Frequent Contributor

adamseve wrote:
What's the backdoor number?

You'll find the backdoor numbers in a thread at the top of the credit card forums!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.