Valued Member
Richard

Re: Question about Cap1 credit steps

I called the back door number a few days ago on a Capital One master Card that had. It had a credit limit of $750 and I asked if I could get a CLI. They increased it by another $500! Now come to think about it I should be getting another $500 via credit step program next month. Do you think the CLI for next month will still be a go? Or because I called, will that be the increase I would have gotten next month?
Regular Contributor
Grape

Also have a similar question...

I just received my $500CL Cap 1 card over the weekend and activated it. The letter did state I was enrolled in Credit Steps, but did not say how much (from what I have read on the forums, it sounds like I should expect another letter in the coming weeks explaining more)....It did say, however, that after 90 days (3 statements) the auto-CLI from Credit Steps should kick in.

So, is there any magic time when I should call in before the credit-steps kicks in to request a CLI? After the second statement hits and I PIF? After the third hits? Any advice is appreciated.
Valued Member
Richard

I called after my first CLI, at which point the card is about 4-5 months old I think.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+