Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Cap1

tag
physicist82
Regular Contributor

Question about Cap1

I was looking at Cap1 website today to see about quicksilver and for quicksilver it says excellent credit and for quicksilver one says average credit.

According to the excellent part it says:

Excellent Credit

Do BOTH of these describe you?

• I have never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan. I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year.
    - AND -
  • I have had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000

Does this mean that a car loan over $5000 would work or do we have to somehow get a different card over $5000 in order to qualify for this. 

For the average part it says this: 

Average Credit

Do EITHER of these describe you?

• I have defaulted on a loan in the past 5 years 
    - OR -
  • I have limited credit history. I've had my own credit card or other credit for less than 3 years (including students, people new to the U.S., or authorized users on someone else's credit card).

On the other hand neither of the factors for average credit describe us. Rebuilding also doesn't include us. 

So if you have to have a card over $5000 in order to have excellent credit but you aren't average or rebuilding, then what are you?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about Cap1

@physicist82 wrote:

I was looking at Cap1 website today to see about quicksilver and for quicksilver it says excellent credit and for quicksilver one says average credit.

Excellent Credit

• I have never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan. I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year.
    - AND -
  • I have had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000

Does this mean that a car loan over $5000 would work or do we have to somehow get a different card over $5000 in order to qualify for this. 

Average Credit

- OR -
  • I have limited credit history. I've had my own credit card or other credit for less than 3 years (including students, people new to the U.S., or authorized users on someone else's credit card).

On the other hand neither of the factors for average credit describe us. Rebuilding also doesn't include us. 

So if you have to have a card over $5000 in order to have excellent credit but you aren't average or rebuilding, then what are you?

I think that a laon would be fine. Honestly, the only difference between the two cards is the AF.

Message 2 of 4
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

You forgot about the top part(when you click ok the definition of excellent credit) where it says "These are only guidelines to help you narrow your selection, and additional factors from your application and credit history will also be considered."

I applied for the CapOne Venture card reserved for excellent credit a few days ago and approved for 10k instantly. My credit is not excellent. I have a almost 4 years old BK on file.
Message 3 of 4
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@physicist82 wrote:

Excellent Credit

- AND -

Average Credit

- OR -

Those are just guidelines.  You may want to check out one of the sites like whogavemecredit.com or search the approval board here to see what types of scores and profiles are getting the regular QS card.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.