Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Capital One card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Capital One card

If I have existing Capital One platinum card that was recently increased by another $3000 and want to apply for one of their Venture cards, will they need to hard pull my credit?   I don't want inquiry on my credit report.  Thank you

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Capital One card

Oh yes. If you want to apply for another card, they will pull again. Three times, in fact.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you apply for a Venture it will be three inquiries. You can request a product change to Venture from your current card but you wont receive the bonus with a product change
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh yes. If you want to apply for another card, they will pull again. Three times, in fact.

I'd take as many as two pulls for a Venture and it's 40K mile bonus.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all the answers.  Big help everyone.  So if they "transfer" by account from a platinum card to a Venture, will they still hard pull my credit?   

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for all the answers.  Big help everyone.  So if they "transfer" by account from a platinum card to a Venture, will they still hard pull my credit?   

No, but you will miss out on the signup bonus.

Message 6 of 7
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

Many are careful on the triple pull.........but if you're not going to app for anything else in 2 years, why not give a shot?

It's Venture baby with signup bonus and all....( but I won't be too carried away ), need the approval screen first.,

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.