Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Chase Circuit City CC...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Chase Circuit City CC...

I have no negatives or lates or judgements on my credit report now. My voluntary auto repo will fall off on 3/9/16. My question is about my Chase/Circuit City CC. My last paymentDOFD was7/1/2008. It shows Chase as the OC...TU and EQ show 0 balance..but Ex shows 200$ balance owed. All say account closed by credit grantor. No words on the accounts say ''charge off''. Do I just let this account fall off? From what I've read online...Chase won't let me back in with them ever again...after burning them... Any help would be appreciated...my fico scores are TU 782 Ex712 EQ 743... Aaoa 10.7 yrs but no activity at all for the last 7 years! Just got a Wells Fargo secured card and a Cap 1 platinum (unsecured)...so starting over again...keeping util at 6%... Just need info on what to do with Chase....thanks for any input
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Chase Circuit City CC...

I forgot to add that it appears that Chase never sold or transferred my debt...it remains with them...
Message 2 of 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

I can only speak to my own experience with the Chase Circuit City Credit Card.  When they went belly up, the card was closed by Chase.  I didn't have any sort of balance on the card, and it actually only showed up on my credit reports as a closed account (closed by grantor) for a few years then disappeared. I did not do anything special to make it disappear, it was just POOF!  Gone.  This was during my early rebuilding process, had no score impact when it went away.

Given that it's been 7 years per your own statement, it's likely to fall off soon.  If it's not negatively impacted your credit report during all this time (and given your scores, it probaby hasn't), I'd suggest simply leaving it alone and let it fall off.  Sometimes, the less attention, the better... Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Thom for your advice..that's probably what I will do...just leave it alone...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.