Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Chase prescreened offers

tag
Johnnyblaze1986
Valued Member

Question about Chase prescreened offers

Question, I got a prescreened offer from chase for a chase freedom credit card with 13.99% variable apr after the 0% apr intro, and I was wondering if it's a definite that I will get the variable apr of 13.99% if I apply and get approved, or it's just a bait to get me to apply?

Current Score: EX: 802 TU: 793 EQ: 790 / Last App: 04/11/2014 / In the garden until I find a house I like.

Citi Dividend $14,000Amex Blue Cash Preferred $14,000Chase Ink Cash $12,500Sallie Mae $12,500BOA Business Cash Back Rewards $10,000Chase Sapphire Preferred $8,500 Capital One Quicksilver $1,000     
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Chase prescreened offers

Yes... If that's what they offered. That's how I got my 19.99% apr with my discover card since it was one of those letters

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 11
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

Question, I got a prescreened offer from chase for a chase freedom credit card with 13.99% variable apr after the 0% apr intro, and I was wondering if it's a definite that I will get the variable apr of 13.99% if I apply and get approved, or it's just a bait to get me to apply?

Chase offers are usually pretty good in correlation with approvals....of course YMMV, but i'd say go for it. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 11
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

If the offer says 'Your APR will be X' as opposed to 'Your APR will be X, Y, or Z depending on creditworthiness' then that's what they should give you.

Message 4 of 11
Johnnyblaze1986
Valued Member

@j_casteel wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

Chase offers are usually pretty good in correlation with approvals....of course YMMV, but i'd say go for it. 

Yeah, I was going to apply until I noticed that the home improvement category is now over. Just made an offer on a house a few days ago, and that 5% would have definitely come in handy.

Current Score: EX: 802 TU: 793 EQ: 790 / Last App: 04/11/2014 / In the garden until I find a house I like.

Citi Dividend $14,000Amex Blue Cash Preferred $14,000Chase Ink Cash $12,500Sallie Mae $12,500BOA Business Cash Back Rewards $10,000Chase Sapphire Preferred $8,500 Capital One Quicksilver $1,000     
Message 5 of 11
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

Yeah, I was going to apply until I noticed that the home improvement category is now over. Just made an offer on a house a few days ago, and that 5% would have definitely come in handy.

If you are house shopping then I would not be apping until escrow has closed and you are done.

Message 6 of 11
Johnnyblaze1986
Valued Member

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

If you are house shopping then I would not be apping until escrow has closed and you are done.

I wasn't going to apply until I closed on the property, if my offer was accepted. My closing date is set for the 3rd of July (the house is empty), and the prescreened offer said I had until the 28th of juyl to apply.

Message 7 of 11
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

I wasn't going to apply until I closed on the property, if my offer was accepted. My closing date is set for the 3rd of July (the house is empty), and the prescreened offer said I had until the 28th of juyl to apply.

OK cool. Just checking, wanted to be safe Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

Home Depot and Lowes both give 5% off at checkout.

Message 9 of 11
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@Johnnyblaze1986 wrote:

That's how I got 13.99% on mine. I applied via a prescreened offer online and after faxing over some documents was approved with the promised 13.99% APR. Chase had been sending me offers in the mail for the CSP, Slate, and Freedom for a few months though.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.