Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Citi Diamond Preferred balance transfer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Citi Diamond Preferred balance transfer

Applied and got approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred card with 0% APR on balance transfers for 7 months.  Just went online on their site and they are advertising 0% for 21 months.  My question is do their 0% promotion lengths vary for each person or is there some kind of error on their part.  I called their customer service and was told I would have to apply again for the 21 month card even though I got approved less that 48 hours ago.  Has anyone ever heard of a situation like this and do you have any advice.

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Citi Diamond Preferred balance transfer

Did you apply either using one of their mailers or from an online pre-qualified offer?

Message 2 of 5
noobody
Established Contributor

You get what you applied for.

But since 21 month 0% APR is public offer, ask them to match it, there is a good chance they will do it.

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Often mailers are for different time periods than the offer online. Can be shorter or longer. I just applied for a card where my mailer was 21 months and the online offer is 18 months. I got 21.  I also get Citi mailers that are 12 months when the online offers are for 15. 

ETA: I also think when I got my BCP that my 0% was shorter than what it stated online. I think it's all based on what they feel your credit worthiness is. 

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

There's different offers out there. You get the one you applied for.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.