Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Citibank PCing

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Question about Citibank PCing

My student Citi Forward card is going to kick in the interest I think in April. I have a 700/1500 balance on it currently. I was wondering if I did a PC would they give me a new Intro offer for the card that I PC'ed, for example let's say the Thank You Preffered CC. They currently have Intro offer for 0% APR for the next 12 months. Would I get that offer after PCing or no? Has anyone tried something like this before? I really don't want that APR to kick in at all lmao, as I can't afford to pay down it heavily just yet.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Citibank PCing

I've never heard of any credit card company allowing that.  Most also won't allow you to do a BT between their cards, I know for sure Chase won't and I wouldn't be surprised if Citi is the same.  They want you to pay interest!  That's how they make money.  If you really want to get out of paying interest on the balance you'll need to get another BT card.  With a balance that small I'd just buckle down and get it paid.  What is your interest rate on the card?

Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about Citibank PCing

@WarJar101 wrote:

My student Citi Forward card is going to kick in the interest I think in April. I have a 700/1500 balance on it currently. I was wondering if I did a PC would they give me a new Intro offer for the card that I PC'ed, for example let's say the Thank You Preffered CC. They currently have Intro offer for 0% APR for the next 12 months. Would I get that offer after PCing or no? Has anyone tried something like this before? I really don't want that APR to kick in at all lmao, as I can't afford to pay down it heavily just yet.

If you PC to a different Citi product, you will not qualitfy for the promotional offer on that other product.  The promotional APR offers are only for new applications.  Therefore, if you decide to PC, the current terms and conditions on your current Citi product will apply until the new upgrade/conversion is effective (usually takes about 45 days on average).

Additionally, depending on the product you may be converting to; if that product has a lower APR than your current one, then that may be a benefit.  However, the Citi Forward card (student or non-student version) typically has a lower APR from their other products.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.