cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Credit Card balance transfer?

tag
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

Question about Credit Card balance transfer?

When I request a credit card to do a balance tranfer from one card with higher interest to a lower interest card does the card being paid know my credit card information or which card is paying it? I know the card that Im transfering to knows which card because I have to put in all the card information but I don't see anywhere when I do a transfer that they card being paid shows this or knows this information? Anyone have experience on this? I temporarily need to move some money to a few different cards and don't want any kind of issues for this in any way.

EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Credit Card balance transfer?

@Legions36 wrote:

When I request a credit card to do a balance tranfer from one card with higher interest to a lower interest card does the card being paid know my credit card information or which card is paying it? I know the card that Im transfering to knows which card because I have to put in all the card information but I don't see anywhere when I do a transfer that they card being paid shows this or knows this information? Anyone have experience on this? I temporarily need to move some money to a few different cards and don't want any kind of issues for this in any way.

The receiving bank does not know any of your card information. To them it is seen as electronic transfer of funds from whatever bank your card is issued from.  

Message 2 of 3
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about Credit Card balance transfer?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Legions36 wrote:

The receiving bank does not know any of your card information. To them it is seen as electronic transfer of funds from whatever bank your card is issued from.  

TY. I thought they wouldn't be able to see that info but didn't know for sure.

EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.