tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Credit One Card??

@Aduke1122 wrote:

https://gyazo.com/880673cd20aefe52cd078ab8e70f4937 
https://gyazo.com/8b9a3c697cc58926c81c33070d2a2614

Here's the link, i couldn't figure out how to post the picture,

First link didn't work, but the other one, it must be a typo.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrsCHX wrote:
The disclosure included should have everything listed.

I would do the Cap One prequal first to see if Platinum or QS1 is an option before credit one.

I never had them but I had First Premier back in the day. A $250 initial limit would have a $95 program fee, $48 annual fee, $29 set up fee...and you end up maxed out owing all this money to start.

Even a Cap One or BOA secured is a better option!!!

I second this suggestion! I apped for CreditOne because I thought I needed to, then a few weeks later got approved for CapOne. Definitley wish I had tried CapOne first...

Message 12 of 22
greent
Frequent Contributor

I have credit one and dont like it. I cold apped because I needed to add credit cards to rebuild my credit. I got 300 SL. My annual fee is 75 so my available credit was 225. I dont get a monthly fee. I requested a CLI about a month ago and was denied. They said that it was because I haven't been with them for a year. However I got an automatic CLI of only 150 about two weeks ago. You do earn cash back with purchases but i dont know the details (i didnt pay attention to that part). I hardly ever use it. oh one mre thing you get a FAKO credit score each month but the first time it takes three monthly payments for it to report. I'm closing them in August. I dont think they are worth the annual fee and my credit scores improved. Used to be high 500s now mid to high 600s. 

Message 13 of 22
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's weird I can open them both up with my phone , sorry guys I don't know how to get the picture on here
Message 14 of 22
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys , I'm going to wait it on out for a better card from a better company for him, just didn't understand the terms and that particular statement about the initial ck would only be 45 dollars but I have read it over and over and there are no other fees no start up fees listed , only the AF
Message 15 of 22
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very smart move!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One is a better choice. They should have subprime cards with no AF.  I didn't have a single credit card last year and I had poor credit but I was approved for 2 subprime Capital One cards, but they are both now Quicksilver and Quicksilver One from product changes. 

Message 17 of 22
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Yeah you read it right I just didnt believe a company would screw up something so easy Smiley Happy  (Since im sure most of its automated)

To see the first, copy and paste the URL into the browser and delete the space at the end of it.  (For some reason its counting the space as part of the URL so when its gone, it works)

Woo thats weird!

Some searcing and this has happen before, not exact but similar.  24.95 AF and their initial limit would be 75 dollars.  I think CreditOne just goofed up.

It also seems quite a few people who got the offer of 24.95 got charged more and had to call in to have it fixed.

The other threads were debating on getting the card or not, none did that I read so there was no follow up.

(The ones with the starting limits being way off from what they should be)

Id just call them and ask, im guessing its a typo.  If its not atleast you could update us with their crazy explination.

They are good for a starter if you have no other cards, in 6 months a thin file should go away and youd have a credit report to get other cards.

If this is an addition and you already have other credit cards, waiting would be good.  (for cards with not normal fees or AFs)

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one was my first cc.

I got an offer for them and foolishly got them confused with Capital one. After reading reviews about them I realized I had made a mistake. Then about a month or so later I apped for a capital one platinum and was approved. This all happened the beginning of last year.

I wouldn't advice anyone to deal with credit one.
Message 19 of 22
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks you guys , we will wait a little longer , the Cap one Secured card we have will cut its 6th statement soon , I'm hearing lots of ppl getting their CLI after that , maybe we will also , if not them maybe we will try for the unsecured Cap one card !
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.