Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Discover Card

tag
thunder7896
Established Member

Question about Discover Card

I received two pre approve letters from Wells Fargo and Discover Card. I applied online on both Wells Fargo and Discover. Wells Fargo was instant and was approved, but Discover Card gave a a 5-7 waiting. There's something odd happened when I was waiting for the 60 seconds decision on Discover Card, it asked me to create a logon and password for an online account which I did. Then I when to Discover Card online and try to logon and says( our online access is still being setup. Please try back again later) Is this normal when applying on Discover Card? Does it mean Maybe, Approve or Decline. Thanks in advance...

Thunder

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Discover Card

LOL

Welcome to the Discover family I'd say !

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yeah from what I saw with a recent approval my friend got, when he set up his online account, it activated about 1-2 days later to login and view his new approved account which was sent via email to log in.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is most likely an approval, I got the same message so I called in and got a decision over the phone.  I think they are probably trying to determine your CL, I would call in first thing tomorrow to get an instant decision over the phone.

Message 4 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is most likely an approval, I got the same message so I called in and got a decision over the phone.  I think they are probably trying to determine your CL, I would call in first thing tomorrow to get an instant decision over the phone.

I  agree, call in tommorow  they should be able to give you your CL over the phone.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 14
boomhower
Valued Contributor

99% approved.  Call them in the morning and speak with someone.  I did instead of just letting the computer work it out and I truly think speaking to a human and explaining my derogs is the reason I ended up with a $5k credit line instead of something much lower.  Definately call them.

Message 6 of 14
tashia729
Valued Member

@thunder7896 wrote:

I received two pre approve letters from Wells Fargo and Discover Card. I applied online on both Wells Fargo and Discover. Wells Fargo was instant and was approved, but Discover Card gave a a 5-7 waiting. There's something odd happened when I was waiting for the 60 seconds decision on Discover Card, it asked me to create a logon and password for an online account which I did. Then I when to Discover Card online and try to logon and says( our online access is still being setup. Please try back again later) Is this normal when applying on Discover Card? Does it mean Maybe, Approve or Decline. Thanks in advance...

Thunder

I got the same thing when I applied 3-4 weeks ago.  I called the CS number that was listed on the message and spoke to a rep who asked a few questions about some recent INQs and a few other items on my CR; after explaining  and verifying sources of income I was approved for $1500 CL.  He even processed a balance transfer request for me at the same time.  It was a very pleasant process all the way around!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can check the status of your Discover credit application online, no need to call.

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/displayStatusRequest

Message 8 of 14
thunder7896
Established Member

you guy's are AWESOME.. Called in and gave me a generous credit limit. thank you very much....

Thunder

Message 9 of 14
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@thunder7896 wrote:

you guy's are AWESOME.. Called in and gave me a generous credit limit. thank you very much....

Thunder

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing? Smiley Wink

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.