Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Discover More CLI

tag
muumike
Regular Contributor

Question about Discover More CLI

This statement in the upcoming days will mark one year with Discover. Initially, I had a $1500 limit and went to $2500 after 6 months. Since then I became an AU on my SO's AMEX BCE (6k limit) and my utilization overall is around 30%. I do have a lingering collection from three years ago that I am in the process of handling, so would there be any reason I might have a hard time calling in and requesting a CLI? I was looking to match the 6k limit of the BCE - does it matter if I'm only an AU on that card for them to relate to what my current highest limit is?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
muumike
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about Discover More CLI

Bump!
Message 2 of 4
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

They determined whether or not they going to grant your CLI but I would only request 2x of your limit. It's also depend how much you ran throu the card, how you paid, your credit balance ......etc.........it's all YMMV for such case
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 4
muumike
Regular Contributor

I have a pretty high balance on my card right now, but I also did last time I asked for a CLI from them.

I might just call them up and take my chances. Does anyone know if there is a downside to calling in and asking CLIs too often?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.