Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Discover More and when they report to CB

tag
masseye
Contributor

Question about Discover More and when they report to CB

I know that some credit card companies report a few days after the statement cuts and some like HSBC reports on the last day of the month...Can someone please tell me when Discover reports..  This is my 1st statement and I want to make sure I bring the balance down under 10% before it reports.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about Discover More and when they report to CB

@masseye wrote:

I know that some credit card companies report a few days after the statement cuts and some like HSBC reports on the last day of the month...Can someone please tell me when Discover reports..  This is my 1st statement and I want to make sure I bring the balance down under 10% before it reports.

Thanks!

I believe Discover is one of those that reports on the statement date or within a day or so.

I'm sure I'll be gently corrected if I'm wrong.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 10
motiv8ed2getthescoreup
Regular Contributor

When I called the lady told me it was thr friday after the statement cuts. If you call, they should be able to give you a date

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: TU 764 EQ 721 EX 768
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

Did you set up an on-line account, there you will see your statement closing date.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 10
MAstudent07
Contributor

So if my statement close date is on the 27th of this month, it should report that day or a couple of days afterwards? Thanks all.

Amex BCE| BOA CB| Freedom| Citi DC| Discover It|
Message 5 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@MAstudent07 wrote:

So if my statement close date is on the 27th of this month, it should report that day or a couple of days afterwards? Thanks all.

I believe that is correct.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 10
MAstudent07
Contributor

Thanks a bunch. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Experian will update your report that night.

TU and Equifax will take somewhere between 3 days and a week (maybe longer) to post the new balance.

While this isn't cast in stone, it's true most of the time, for most of the people.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
MAstudent07
Contributor

I have to say, I admire Experian for always being the first company to update (In my experience). I love how quick everything runs through them. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MAstudent07 wrote:

I have to say, I admire Experian for always being the first company to update (In my experience). I love how quick everything runs through them. Smiley Happy

I agree. It's pretty much the only nice thing I can say about them!  Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.