Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Discover Offers- 0 % APR for 12 months

tag
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Discover Offers- 0 % APR for 12 months

@Anonymous wrote:

Right. Always 0% BT available. pdxgigi did you mean 0% BT or purchase? 

I've always got 0% (shorter) and 4.99% (longer) BT on my Discover account online. On a recomendation from this site, I chatted and got 0% for a year on purchases (opened card in 2013, got the 'retention' offer upon asking 10/15-10/16). 

Either way, I'd bet on the offer being there after July. 

TortoiseWins:  Do you know if AUs can also do a balance transfer with 0%?

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Discover Offers- 0 % APR for 12 months

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Right. Always 0% BT available. pdxgigi did you mean 0% BT or purchase? 

I've always got 0% (shorter) and 4.99% (longer) BT on my Discover account online. On a recomendation from this site, I chatted and got 0% for a year on purchases (opened card in 2013, got the 'retention' offer upon asking 10/15-10/16). 

Either way, I'd bet on the offer being there after July. 

TortoiseWins:  Do you know if AUs can also do a balance transfer with 0%?

I don't know for certain, but from what I've read on here, one can BT to whatever they want. It's not like they check whose card it is. I'm pretty sure that when DH opened his Discover earlier this year (on which I was an AU but removed myself when I realized it was going to end up being primarily a BT card and there's no reason to have that util on me) I'm sure we paid off things that were 'my' cards (where he may or may not have been an AU but probably was back then). Is that what you mean? 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.