Reply
Valued Contributor
j_casteel
Posts: 1,915
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Question about Discover Recon

[ Edited ]

My wife received an invite to apply for the Discover More card. She called and was denied. I gave her the recon# and the lady just told her that they could not currently reevaluate the application. So should she just let it go or try to recon again?

 

Her current EQ FICO they pulled is 633.

 

She had several settlements and derogs several years ago, but nothing since then. 

 

Thanks

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $17.5k | Freedom $3k | IT $4.5k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Established Contributor
linux007969
Posts: 604
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Question about Discover Recon


j_casteel wrote:

My wife received an invite to apply for the Discover More card. She called and was denied. I gave her the recon# and the lady just told her that they could not currently reevaluate the application. So should she just let it go or try to recon again?

 

Her current EQ FICO they pulled is 633.

 

She had several settlements and derogs several years ago, but nothing since then. 

 

Thanks


yes try again, she already took the hard pull. Don't give up.  Though i'm not sure if her score is high enough, but i'm no expert here. I was approved with a 692 i believe, but ya it's worth it to try again!

Discover IT TU Score: 739 as of 4/20/14 | TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 710 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 748 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 - 728
TU Score as of 1/5/14 - 705 | EQ Score as of 1/5/14 - 721 | Ex Score as of 1/5/14 -753 |

Capital One QuickSilver MC $4.5K | Amazon $1.8K (CLOSED) | Walmart $5K | Paypal SC w/Debit card $5K | BOA 123 Cash Rewards Sig $5K | BOA BBR $1K | Discover IT $8K | AMEX Sr Green Charge (NPSL) | PNC CashBuilder $1.5K | Paypal Extras MC $5k | PNC Auto Loan $20,038.75 | AMEX SimplyCash Biz CC $3k | BOA Cash Rewards Biz CC $3.5K |
Valued Contributor
j_casteel
Posts: 1,915
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: Question about Discover Recon


linux007969 wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

My wife received an invite to apply for the Discover More card. She called and was denied. I gave her the recon# and the lady just told her that they could not currently reevaluate the application. So should she just let it go or try to recon again?

 

Her current EQ FICO they pulled is 633.

 

She had several settlements and derogs several years ago, but nothing since then. 

 

Thanks


yes try again, she already took the hard pull. Don't give up.  Though i'm not sure if her score is high enough, but i'm no expert here. I was approved with a 692 i believe, but ya it's worth it to try again!


thats what i told her. she's going to try again tomorrow, and perhaps one more time after that. after three recons and if still not approved i think she may just call it quits and try again later. she's just kind of dissappointed that she got the invite in the mail and now that act like she's contagious to be around. 

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $17.5k | Freedom $3k | IT $4.5k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Valued Contributor
AndySoCal
Posts: 1,941
Registered: ‎04-07-2009
0

Re: Question about Discover Recon

Before you try a recon wait until you receive the denial letter. Depending for what reason Discover denied the application you may  or may not want to do the recon.

Equifax My FICO score 815 5/28/2012, 818 on 7/28/2014 . Average of Accounts 12 years and no Installment accounts. MyFICO TU 810 6/26/2012 809 4/21/2013 MyFICO XPN -805. 2/26/2014 Discover TU FICO 813 App free since 9/2011
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud
Posts: 1,734
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: Question about Discover Recon

i heard someone recon 3 times and get success......Try harder.....Ask them why they give her invite to apply and then denied.

Call backdoor number ....


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 6,108
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Question about Discover Recon


nicholasyud wrote:

i heard someone recon 3 times and get success......Try harder.....Ask them why they give her invite to apply and then denied.

Call backdoor number ....


I would echo AndySoCal's comments.

 

Plus, not all reconsideration attempts are successful.  As encouraging as your above statement may seem, the OP is best to at least determine why the decline occurred in the first place.  This way, they can plan their strategy to have the application reconsidered based on the denial reasons.  Most underwriting departments keep analysts' notes on their systems documenting the previous decision(s) as applicable.  Often times desperate attempts to have something reconsidered or overturned based on an HP is not always worth it.

 

Additionally, the CSR or credit analyst will not know why they were invited to apply.  Solicitations (pre-approvals, pre-selected offers, etc.) are sent from the marketing divisions from most lenders or partner companies.  As with any type of solicitation, there is no guarante of approval, it is simply a pre-screened offer.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}