cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about IRS credit card spending reporting..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about IRS credit card spending reporting..

I recently received a bank of america business card with my name on it and used my own social on the EIN number and got it because I'm self employed. My question is this. Does mastercard report my spending to the irs?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about IRS credit card spending reporting..

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently received a bank of america business card with my name on it and used my own social on the EIN number and got it because I'm self employed. My question is this. Does mastercard report my spending to the irs?

Thank you.

No they don't

Message 2 of 4
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Not at all Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

No, Mastercard is a company that processed credit card payments. 

Bank of America is the company that reports your credit usage, to the Credit Bureaus, not to the IRS.

If you owe the IRS money, they can and will request credit reports from the Credit Bureaus. Apparently they want to verify your info, and see what assets you claimed when requesting loans, etc. But since credit reports do not contain information about your income or deductions, etc, its not something they would normally request, unless you owe them money for a long time.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.