Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about MR Bonus eligibility

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Question about MR Bonus eligibility

I opened a PRG last August and added my fiance as an AU. She ended up using the card more than me. I got the bonus, 25K MR at the time, not long after the account was opened. Kept the card til around this past March and realized we weren't using it as much due to a lot of other cards we had opened. Decided to close it to avoid having to pay the AF, intended to wait 90 days and apply for the Platinum for travel benefits.

Last night she got a targeted offer in the mail for 50k MR for the PRG for her. Since she technically did not have the PRG before under her name, is she eligible for this bonus? I wonder if it's because she used the card quite a bit as an AU and now that the account is closed, they are targeting her directly? It's been closed for exactly a month yesterday.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
vpae
Established Contributor

Re: Question about MR Bonus eligibility

Sorry for the early bump. Smiley Happy Anyone? She's probably going to app today.

Thanks!

Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 2 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Since she is not the primary, she'll be fine.  DH and I both have BCP's and we had no issues with getting our bonuses.  Both were apped for within 3 months of each other

Message 3 of 4
vpae
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Since she is not the primary, she'll be fine.  DH and I both have BCP's and we had no issues with getting our bonuses.  Both were apped for within 3 months of each other

That was the reassurance I was hoping for. Thank you so much Lexie! She apped and was approved! Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.