Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

Question about Macys

Is it normal to receive an auto CLI from Macys after one month of having the card?  When I received the card last month, I was told my CL was $400.  So the past month and a half I have spent about $250 at Macys and of course PIF.  Today I pull my CR and I notice the my CL is now $600.  Does this affect my GLI every 3 months?
Regular Contributor
CMS2012

Re: Question about Macys

The same thing happened to me.  I had my card for only one month, made a small purchase on, paid the bill in store right after the purchase and them BAM!  $200.00 CLI!

Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

Were you still able to get a GLI after 3 months?
Regular Contributor
CMS2012

I don't know yet because I only opened my account in March  :smileyhappy:.I have heard very good things about Macy's in this forum.  Try doing a search for Macy's CLI's and see what pops up. 

Good luck!

Regular Contributor
mjgray

Romeoo47 wrote:
Were you still able to get a GLI after 3 months?

I received an automatic CLI around Christmas, right before it was time to ask for my next GLI.     I was still able to get the GLI.    It seems that Macy's will occasionally give you surprise increases, which do not affect your ability to ask for and receive GLIs every 3 months.     As long as you're using the card, that is.

Regular Contributor
Romeoo47

Thanks mjgray!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+