cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about NFCU Flagship NPSL or lack there of...

tag
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Question about NFCU Flagship NPSL or lack there of...

I just wanted to ask you fellow card holders if you've ever had a problem going over you limit with the Visa Signature from NFCU? I recently had my nRewards converted to a Flagship Visa Signature rewards card mainly because I liked NPSL feature that I thought was on all Visa Signature cards. Well I I've charged up my card to the limit this month and I just submited a full payment eariler today from the Navy Federal Checking account I have an hour or two after I made the payment I also tried to make another charge for $277 pucks that would have put me over my limit by only $40.00 had I not made the payment. Now I understand the payment may still have been processing but I figured it would have been ok to charge that transaction because of the NPSL.  When I called NFCU the rep told me shes never heard of that feauture so imagine my confusion? .. This card has a $49.00 annual fee but I'm thinking about going back a nRewards if I can't get that benefit. What if I needed to go over for an emergency or something false advertising no?

Any thoughts from the community?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about NFCU Flagship NPSL or lack there of...

Id be calling for a CLI and not owrry about the "Signature" allowing going over CL!

I'm really interested in this CLI process with Navy and when it's SP vs. HP?! if Anyone knows more and if the system gives increase right away online if it's there or if you have to ask for an amount and it kicks yes, or kicks for review and if that triggers HP, etc.

Message 2 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My husband got a CLI on his platinum and it was a HP. Granted he had just gotten the card
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 6
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Navy does not have NPSL on their Signature Visa and does not allow transactions above the revolving credit line.

Message 4 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bostonte wrote:

Navy does not have NPSL on their Signature Visa and does not allow transactions above the revolving credit line.

I always thought every visa sig had NPSL. D: 

Learn something new every day!

Message 5 of 6
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

@bostonte wrote:

Really. Well that answers that now I feel jipped. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.