Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Navy Federal card balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Navy Federal card balance

Say I have a $300 balance on my Navy Federal CC. If I make a $300 payment and apply for a CLI before the card reports, will NFCU see a $300 balance when they pull  my credit or will they see a $0 balance?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Navy Federal card balance

I would think if you pay from a Navy account that it would update instantly, so a zero balance would show.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always get paid on Fridays and, if I make my payment before 8 PM on Friday, the payment shows up some time on Saturday. My concern is that they would use the balance that shows up on my credit report instead of actually looking at my current balance.

Message 3 of 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Whenever a cc company does an inquiry, they have access to your internal records, payments/limits with them and your cra pulls. They would see both.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 4 of 6
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

I would think if you pay from a Navy account that it would update instantly, so a zero balance would show.

NFCU works like this:

A transfer from a NFCU CC to your NFCU checking is instant on both. However, a transfer from NFCU checking to NFCU CC is instantly taken out of your checking but usually takes ~2-3 days to process the payment and be applied to your card.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 6
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I always get paid on Fridays and, if I make my payment before 8 PM on Friday, the payment shows up some time on Saturday. My concern is that they would use the balance that shows up on my credit report instead of actually looking at my current balance.

most likely they will use what they see on your report and not what the balance is. just make the payment before the statement cuts then request afterwards.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.