Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Orchard Bank CLI request

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Question about Orchard Bank CLI request

If you ask Orchard Bank for a CLI do they do a soft or hard pull?

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chan85
Established Contributor

Re: Question about Orchard Bank CLI request

Apparently they don't know. There is another thread about them start cust reqstd increases again, and the answers seem to vary....when i called I was told it was hard but this was after a rep told me in her OPINION it wouldn't be a hard. I told her to find out for sure and was told it was hard. But others are saying they were told soft, and then another was told they don't know if its a hard or pull, but were able to tell them after that it was a soft.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 2 of 8
TheR105
Regular Contributor

I called the backdoor number and was told it was a soft pull
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the backdoor number and was told they may or may not actually pull a credit report, so I asked if it was a hard or soft pull and they guy said he thought it was a hard pull if it was actually pulled....

Message 4 of 8
crackiein
Valued Member

My SO hopped on the CLI train this past weekend and it was a soft pull.  He initiated the request by calling the number on the back of his card.  Seemed simple enough, they asked a couple of questions about income, placed him on hold for about 30 seconds, came back on the phone and said, "we can offer you $100 at this time."

YMMV, but it can't hurt to ask.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a $400 cl and usage is at 40% right now.  In your opinion, would I have a chance of CLI since I have a balance on card?  I have had my card for 2 years with no lates.  Just curious...

Message 6 of 8
Datx
Valued Contributor

Maybe it varies on what card you have when you request it? Mine was a hard pull when I called for a CLI on my HSBC BBRWZ card. Got the ScoreWatch alert for a new inquiry this morning. And also a alert from MPM yesterday.

Message 7 of 8
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

They do a soft pull at first and the system gives you an answer but the increases they give on the soft pulls are hardly anything the ones i got was 400 on one card and 600 on the other i called the credit dept and they did a hard pull i got 3000 increase on one and 2000 on the other so the soft pulls dosent get you that much of an increase a hard might have to be done to get more.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.