Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Overstock reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Overstock reporting

Was approved couple weeks ago for $12,000 for Overstock store card via the popup and I just got an alert from MyFico that it's being reported as 'New Retail Loan' on Experian.  Loan?  Is that normal and does it really make a difference?  My score on Experian did not change

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MartinScott
New Contributor

Re: Question about Overstock reporting

Mine started reporting today on EX as credit.  Not sure why yours is saying that???

FNBO Amex $15,600, Chase Marriott $10,000, Discover IT $18,000, Cap1Venture $8,000, BOA Cash Visa $3,500, BOA Norwegian MC $15,000, Barclay Apple $5,000, Banana Rep Visa $9,500, Macy's $16,800, Target $1,000, JCrew $10,400, Express $2,000, CrateBarrel $16,750, Lowes $17,000, ZGallerie $15,000, Overstock $6,700, Sportsman Guide $4,800, Total Rewards $10,200, West Elm $12,800, BBVA $8,000, Home Depot $17,000, Amazon $6,400, Care Credit $1,200, Fuel Rewards $6,000, Carsons $30,000, Bloomies $7,500, Lexus Visa $3,000, iComfort $13,000, Wayfair $6,400, Modells $1,000, Paypal $2,200, Synch Home Design $11,000
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MartinScott wrote:

Mine started reporting today on EX as credit.  Not sure why yours is saying that???

Yup .  Pretty strange

Message 3 of 10
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

mine is on as credit as well, not a loan Smiley Sad hmmm maybe its just a dif name. But still an CC 

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 4 of 10
jim44
Established Contributor

I wonder if it is reporting as installment loan instead of revolving? 

Message 5 of 10
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was approved couple weeks ago for $12,000 for Overstock store card via the popup and I just got an alert from MyFico that it's being reported as 'New Retail Loan' on Experian.  Loan?  Is that normal and does it really make a difference?  My score on Experian did not change

Mine reported that way as well last month.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anomalous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine reported that way as well last month.

Well at least I know I'm not the only one.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine just reported today as "Retail Loan" as well.  ?????

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Overstock and VS are reporting to Experian as a retail loan. Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine also started reporting today as "New Retail Loan". It did at least seem to bump up my score.

I'm frustrated with how Comenity reports everything. They shaved 7 years off of the age of my Barneys card when they started servicing it. I lost my dispute over it too and 7 years of history on a big TL are down the drain.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.