Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about PC with BofA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about PC with BofA

I called BofA's csr about a PC from USAir Visa Signature to a BofA Visa Signature Worldpoints. I seldomly fly anymore and the card has a $90 AF. I'd rather get cash back then miles.

All that being said, that is what I told the CRS, they told me they couldn't do a PC and I would have to call the app department. This conversation took about 20 seconds so I would assume he didn't even pull up my account.

Anyone have experience PCing with BoA? Is this SOP?

Part 2: If I CLI online, will it be a soft pull or hard inq?

Message Edited by RenoFico on 02-06-2009 09:18 PM
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about PC with BofA

I did a PC last year, and it was like pulling teeth.  The first three CSRs said it couldn't be done but i knew people from here that did one. So I kept calling. The forth CSR, said no problem switched me from my visa to the BOA amex and I had the card in about 3 weeks. All I can tell you is.... dont give up.  Good luck.
Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are right and they are wrong. IMHO.   You WILL need to talk to the app dept. but they CAN do a PC (and it doesn't require a new app). Now, whether they will or not......YMMV. They have for many people that report in here.

EDIT: As for part 2, I have read here and elsewhere that the cli requests are soft. Chime in peeps with experience.

Message Edited by contractor on 02-06-2009 09:35 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I CLI online, will it be a soft pull or hard inq?

Message Edited by RenoFico on 02-06-2009 09:18 PM

Every CLI I've asked for from BoA has been a soft pull. (And every one declined me because of that 90-day that just won't go away! *sigh*)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a PC last year, and it was like pulling teeth.  The first three CSRs said it couldn't be done but i knew people from here that did one. So I kept calling. The forth CSR, said no problem switched me from my visa to the BOA amex and I had the card in about 3 weeks. All I can tell you is.... dont give up.  Good luck.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.