Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about REDCard Debit Inquiry

tag
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Question about REDCard Debit Inquiry

My fico score 686, my fake score 775, pulled the same day, so be careful.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 11 of 25
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

There is no inquiry for the debit card.

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Credit Karma Fako is 640. I was approved last month for the Target Redcard with $200 limit. Like you, I only want it for the 5% discount so $200 limit is fine with me.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say apply for the store card. I think you have a good chance to get it

Message 14 of 25
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@RHAL wrote:

trumpet,

Where did you get that second score off of karma? I only know of the vantage score they give you.

For TransRisk, It's the first tab to the left when you log into Karma. For Vantage, it's the third tab.

@Others

Alright, I'll apply the credit version when I visit Target. I'll let you guys know the result.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@RHAL wrote:

Where did you get that second score off of karma? I only know of the vantage score they give you.

For TransRisk, It's the first tab to the left when you log into Karma. For Vantage, it's the third tab.

That's a beta feature that is only available for some users. I don't have that, either.

Message 16 of 25
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 17 of 25
calogan
Established Member

@trumpet-205 wrote:

So does Target pull your credit report even though you are applying for a debit card? If so is it a soft or hard pull? Finally if they do pull CR which one they pull it from?

There is no pull on your credit reports, hard, soft, or otherwise for the DEBIT CARD version.

I went through the same panic and questions before I applied, what they DO is pull a report on you through another vendor (not on of the credit report providers) on your check writing history, etc.  I believe they use CHEX, althogh I'm not 100% sure on that - it may be another vendor.

Short answer: They check you out, but not through a hard or soft pull on your credit report through one of the big three CRAs.

EDIT: Found a good link that describes it here

There is no credit check (nothing that reports to Experian, Equifax or Trans Union). However, there is a process to validate the checking account status. When a guest applies for a debit card, Target does an internal check of check writing history, specifically at Target. In addition, Target receives additional information from a consumer reporting agency on overall check writing history.

Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards. BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Now gardening until 2013. I assume gardening is a metaphor, like "book clubs" where all you do is drink wine.

Message 18 of 25
JonStur
Established Contributor

I have all three with CK..Trans Risk, Auto Insurance Risk, and Vantage,  I've always had all three options...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 19 of 25
kekrre
Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

I have all three with CK..Trans Risk, Auto Insurance Risk, and Vantage,  I've always had all three options...

Even in... 2010?

|||||||
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.