Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Ritz Carlton card

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Question about Ritz Carlton card

It's my understanding that the Ritz Carlton doesn't count for 5/24 rule, but what about against a Chase cap? I'm at around $80k and pretty sure I've reached my internal cap with them. What say any of you?
AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Ritz Carlton card

I've seen people with 100k at Chase. It's dependent upon income and credit score.

If your income is 200k + then it's worth an app. If you have hit your cap you could recon asking to move part of one of your other limits to accommodate the Ritz.
Message 2 of 14
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've seen people with 100k at Chase. It's dependent upon income and credit score.

If your income is 200k + then it's worth an app. If you have hit your cap you could recon asking to move part of one of your other limits to accommodate the Ritz.

I appreciate your response but it doesn't get to my question. I want to know if the Ritz Card would count towards any Chase cap. I'm wondering because it is a branded card.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

Message 3 of 14
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

If you've reached your cap you'll be denied any card.. the denial letter will simply say something along the lines of "too much available credit". There's no way to know what your internal cap with Chase is im currently at 91k with AU.
Message 4 of 14
noobody
Established Contributor

yes, all chase card count against internal limit.

if you get 30 day notice, just call recon and offer to reallocate credit line.

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've been specifically told by Chase you are at your internal cap then that's it, regardless of if it is a co-branded card.

If not, and your income supports it (I.E. 200k +) then I would say you're safe to app for it, if they do say you're at your cap you can recon offering to move some of your credit from another card to be able to get the Ritz.

Mod edit... remember, FSR.  --UB

Message 6 of 14
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you've been specifically told by Chase you are at your internal cap then that's it, regardless of if it is a co-branded card.

If not, and your income supports it (I.E. 200k +) then I would say you're safe to app for it, if they do say you're at your cap you can recon offering to move some of your credit from another card to be able to get the Ritz.

Telling me that if I have hit my cap I can reallocate lines was not my question. My question was whether or not as a branded card it counted against any internal cap. I also didn't ask anything related to income. Anyways.

Message 7 of 14
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

@noobody wrote:

yes, all chase card count against internal limit.

if you get 30 day notice, just call recon and offer to reallocate credit line.

Thanks for answering my question.

Message 8 of 14
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
If you've reached your cap you'll be denied any card.. the denial letter will simply say something along the lines of "too much available credit". There's no way to know what your internal cap with Chase is im currently at 91k with AU.

Thanks for answering my question.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

A) You never specifically stated that since it is a co-branded card will it count against your internal Cap, the way the question was phrased was more of will this card as an additional card to any existing cards count.

But I did answer this question both ways.

B) As far as reallocating lines that is ADDITIONAL INFORMATION I went above and beyond your question giving you alternative options should you want to pursue the Ritz card.

The purpose of this forum is to share information and give advice, not to quarrel over this or that, so if you do not like the additional advice I provided above and beyond your question you don't have to follow it. It was just my thoughts on your situation.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.