Established Member
toddb

Question about Sears MC deferred int no pmt offer

[ Edited ]
How can I have accrued finance charges on a credit card balance under a deferred int promotion?

I recently opened a Sears MC account under a deferred interest/no payment offer until May 2001. The purchase was exactly $1000(and therefore the statement balance). The first statement indicates an average daily balance of $1007.71 in the "deferred int no pmts" row of the statement (corresponding APR of 22.40%...daily periodic rate of 0.0614%...26 days in billing period).

There is also $16.08 under the accrued interest charges column in the "promotional balances" section of the statement.  I am assuming this is the interest on the running meter for the balance that will be charged to me if I do not pay the balance by the expiration date, but I was just wondering how the ADB was calculated.

I messaged the credit card company for an explanation, but who knows when I'll actually get a reply. Just though I might get a simpler explanation here that I might be able to digest.

Message Edited by toddb on 05-04-2008 09:25 AM
TU 642 1/13/10
EQ 702 1/13/10
EX 702 1/13/10

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}